Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Musings

So far so good, I haven't abandoned blogging yet.

I must say the whole business is quite intriguing. It seems that having a blog allows for expressing things that may not otherwise have the opportunity to be expressed. Or in my case, simply to ramble without Jace having to pretend he has any idea what I am on about. It certainly seems that technology is taking over. And I am certainly not immune facebook, forums, blogging. I guess I just like to interact.

On the subject of facebook. I'm a bit of a creeper. Yeah I said it. I like to skulk around and look at the profiles and photos of friends, acquaintances, perfect strangers, pretty much anyone who hasn't set their profile to private to keep weirdos like me away.

It does amuse me though that facebook (even myspace back in its day) has given everyone the chance to be self important. Again I am certainly not trying to look down on the practice as I regularly engage in it. What's better than posting a random, possibly slightly witty status update and pretending that everyone who happens to read it actually cares? I know most people probably don't even register mine, but I tend to have that effect in most situations.

What I mean is that I tend to try and blend whenever possible. Alcohol is not particularly conducive to this habit though. I tend to get loud and probably somewhat annoying and obnoxious with a few drinks under my belt. There are certain occasions that stick out in my mind, although I probably shouldn't share them. Oh and I still have to laugh to this day about having to violently vomit out the car window while heading home from a night out with some friends. Thanks for the bottle of vodka, Liv!

On the subject of friends. Exciting news. It seems that my fantastic, crazy, ridiculously awesome best friend is coming home! She has been living on the other side of the country for 4 or 5 years now and has only visited twice (LAZY, haha). However, she's not in the best of circumstances at the moment and has made the decision to pack up and fly home. While I am not at all happy that she's not happy (and to the certain person who made her that way, you better hope I never ever meet you!), I am very happy that she is coming home. Perhaps we will have more crazy nights like those we had years ago. Old school tunes and daggy pjs!

Anyway, I think my brain has shut off for the night and is refusing to think of anything even remotely interesting to write so I will leave you with a photo from today. She may be pregnant, but she's still fiery

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hey, no problem about the bottle of vidka. Getting friends drunk is what I do best!! ;-) If I were a boy that would be way more creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was plenty creepy with you being a girl! JOKE! hahaha, ahh Liv I miss you!

    ReplyDelete